Important Legal Notice
For the purpose of the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is Gapuma UK Limited (company number 03749478) of The Pinnacle, 160 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 1FF, United Kingdom. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by writing to the address above.
1. Information Gapuma may collect from you
- Gapuma may collect and process the following data about you: Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.gapuma.com/ (“Website”), including without limitation information provided as part of a job application or other employment related enquiry.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Gapuma may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to the Website including any resources that you access.
2. Cookies and Other Tools
- Cookies are used to differentiate one user from another, to pass information from page to page during their visit to the website and to collect data about a given browser, along with the information requested and sent by the browser’s operator (the visitor). They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the website according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to the website.
What Cookies do we use?
- We use two different types of cookies on our websites: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that only remain in the cookie file of your internet browser until you leave our website. Depending on the cookie type, persistent cookies remain for periods ranging from hours to years in the cookie file of your internet browser after you leave the website and after your internet browser is closed.
- The cookies we use are ‘analytical’ cookies (in particular, we use google analytics which provides us with meaningful reports on how visitors use the website. The cookies we use are first-party cookies which means that they are set by the website when you visit and the data collected by these cookies cannot be altered or retrieved by any service on another domain or by any third party.
- Those that are strictly necessary to deliver the services and products you have requested
- Cookies related to the performance of the website, such as google analytics
- Cookies related to the functionality of the website, such as remembering your preferred language.
- The following table lists the principal cookies used on the website, their purpose and the time they will be stored on your computer, portable device or mobile:
Cookie: __utma Type: persistent
Purpose: This cookie is typically written to the internet browser on your first visit to our website from that internet browser. If the cookie is deleted from by the internet browser operator, and the internet browser subsequently visits our website a new __utma cookie is written with a different unique ID. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our website and is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure the validity and the accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
Cookie: __utmb – Type: session
This cookie is used to establish and continue a user session with our website. Each time a user visits a different page on our website, the cookie is updated to expire in 30 minutes, so a single session continues for as long as the user’s activity on our website continues, within 30 minute intervals. If it does not find the cookie, a new cookie is written and a new session is established.
Cookie: __utmc – Type: session
This cookie is no longer used by the ga.js tracking code; however, historically, it operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether or not to establish a new user session. For backwards compatibility purposes, this cookie is continuing to be written. It expires when the user exits the browser.
Cookie: __utmz – Type: persistent
This cookie stores the type of referral used by a visitor to reach our website, for instance by a direct method, by a referring link, via a website search or as the result of a campaign such as an advertisement or an email link. This cookie is used to calculate search engine traffic, advertising campaigns and page navigation within our website and is updated with each page a user views.
Cookie: Lang – Type: persistent
This cookie is set when a visitor to our website changes the language setting. Its purpose is to remember that visitor’s language preference between visits to our website.
For further information about google analytics, including in particular the use of __utma, __utmb, __utmc and __utmz cookies, please visit: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
How can you change your cookie preferences?
- You may at any time refuse to accept or block cookies by activating the setting on your internet browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. You may also be able to change the setting on your internet browser so that only particular types of cookies will be accepted.
- If you would like to know more about cookies, including local storage devices, the following websites provide useful information: o www.allaboutcookies.org o www.youronlinechoices.eu o helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html
- For a video about cookies visit www.google.co.uk/goodtoknow/data-on-the-web/cookies. You can also opt out of being tracked by google analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout to find out how.
- Please note, if you change your settings in either of these ways, you may be unable to access certain parts of the website.
3. What data do we Collect?
We collect information about your company and your contact details so that we can process your enquiry, or to supply products and services to you.
4. Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
5. What is the Lawful Basis we use for Processing your Data?
For the supply of products and services, the lawful basis for processing is Contract. For all corporate marketing activities and answering enquiries, the lawful basis is Legitimate Interest.
If you are applying for a job at Gapuma, the lawful basis for processing your personal data is Legitimate Interest.
6. Where We Store Your Personal Data?
- You acknowledge and understand that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal data once we have received it, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. How long do we Store Your Personal Data?
- Gapuma will only store your data for as long as necessary, or for as long as required by Law.
- For corporate customers this means retaining your data for 7 years after you are no longer an active client.
- For unsuccessful job applicants this means we will retain your personal data for 6 months after you have been notified that you were unsuccessful. There may be occasions where we might want to retain your data for longer, but we will gain your consent to do so.
8. Disclosure of your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the companies act 2006.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties where there is a legal obligation to do so.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Gapuma or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
9. Your Rights
There are a number of rights that a data subject has and here is information about them. You can exercise these rights by contacting us using the methods below:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (20) 8969 2056
- Postal address: The Pinnacle, 160 Midsummer Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 1FF, United Kingdom.
Please note that we will always verify your identity before acceding to your request.
Right to Access (Subject Access Requests)
It is your right to know what personal data we hold about you. If you want to find out this information then please write or email us to make your request. Once we have verified that it was you who has made the request we shall respond within a month.
Right to Rectification
It is your right to ensure that the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If your contact details change then please let us know so that we can amend our records.
Right to Erasure
If you don’t want us to hold personal data about you any more you can request for the data to be deleted. As long as there are not statutory reasons for us retaining the data for a certain period, e.g. financial transaction data must be retained for 6 years, then we will remove your data immediately we have verified that it was you who made this request.
Right to Restriction of Processing
If you believe that the data we hold about you is inaccurate, or that the processing is unlawful, and you do not want the personal data to be erased and / or we cannot erase the data for legal reasons, then you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data to storage only.
Right to Data Portability
You have the right to request that we should send the personal data that we have collected about you to another controller. We shall comply by sending this information electronically.
Right to Object
If you don’t want us to process your personal data, including for marketing purposes, then please let us know. We shall comply unless there is a complexing legitimate interest or another legal basis.
Right to Object to Automated Decision-making and Profiling
Currently we do not carry out any automated decision-making processing, or profiling.
- If you have a complaint then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unhappy with the response we give, then you may complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO). You can contact the ICO at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephone on 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745